88-key Synth/Controller with Full-size, Graded Hammer Standard Keys, 1,000+ MOTIF XS Sounds, VCM FX Engine, and Bundled Software
Killer Motif Sounds w/ Realistic Piano Action
The Yamaha MX88 rocks more than 1,000 killer MOTIF XS sounds, a class-compliant USB audio/MIDI interface, and deep controller integration with your favorite computer music software. Its 88 keys are full-sized, weighted, and velocity sensitive. Matte black keytops absorb moisture and remain tactile after extended use. Bring this synth/controller to the studio or a gig and deploy its potent patch arsenal. From amazing acoustic pianos, EPs, strings, and drums to evolving 8-element synth textures, the MX puts it all right at your fingertips.
Yamaha VCM FX engine onboard
In addition to a massive MOTIF XS soundbank, MX88 is equipped with Yamaha's VCM FX engine, which meticulously models vintage effects at the circuit level. EQs, phasers, flangers, wah-wahs, and more are all on the menu here, letting you instantly tap into the coveted sounds of the 1970s.
16-part multitimbral, 128-note polyphony
Your MX88 is 16-part multitimbral and spec'd with 128-note polyphony. Electronic musicians at Sweetwater know how critical this is. These features build up dense sequences and play them without fear of dreaded note-stealing or sounds cutting off. This makes the MX an ideal tone generation solution for onstage performance and live playback of MIDI tracks off your DAW.
Real-time hands-on control over DAW and VSTs
The MX's top panel is equipped with solid, great-feeling knobs and buttons for real-time hands-on control over its internal sounds, external VST instruments, and DAW parameters. The streamlined interface lets you quickly find, edit, and store your sounds onboard. The MX88 comes with template editor software, so you can customize the interface to your preferences. There are advanced integration templates for most popular DAWs, and when used with Cubase, an AI knob lets you control any parameter with the MX's large rotary encoder simply by mousing over it.
Included music production suite
Yamaha's MX series ships with a complete music production software suite that includes Steinberg Cubase AI. Cubase AI gives you 64 MIDI tracks, 48 audio tracks, built-in VST effects, and even notation, so you can build complete productions. The MX88 also comes with Steinberg Prologue and Yamaha's YC-3B organ emulation to get you rolling.
Yamaha MX88 Features:
- 88 Graded Hammer Standard keys are heavier in the lower register and lighter in the higher register for real piano feel
- Matte black keytops absorb moisture and remain tactile after extended use without becoming slippery
- FM Essential expands your sonic arsenal with iOS FM synthesizer app that includes drum loops, FX, and more
- Class compliant USB audio/MIDI for plug-and-play connectivity
- Layer, zone, cycle, switch, randomize, and control up to 8 elements per voice with Yamaha's powerful MOTIF sound engine
- VCM (Virtual Circuit Modeling) re-creates the sound and behavior of vintage signal processors and FX
- 128-note polyphony for dropout-free live performance or with full 16-track sequences
- Damper Resonance DSP models grand piano sound with dampers off the strings
- Record/play back stereo audio and 16 channels of MIDI with a single USB cable and no external devices
- DAW Remote controls transport, mixer, and software instruments from the MX top panel
- USB-to-device port for connection of USB flash drives for loading and storing data
- 1/8" aux line input for connection of tablets and mobile devices
- Auto power off shuts down after period of inactivity, saving energy
- Includes Cubase AI, Steinberg Prologue, and Yamaha YC-3B