Digital Grand Piano with SuperNATURAL Piano Modeling, PHA-50 Progressive Hammer Action Keyboard, 6.1-channel Acoustic Projection Multi-speaker System, and Included Bench – Polished Ebony
Tradition Meets Tech in a Masterful Roland Digital Grand Piano
Authentic grand piano performance for any skill level
In the GP609, Roland’s renowned SuperNATURAL Piano Modeling engine delivers supremely authentic acoustic grand piano sound and the expressive touch of Roland’s PHA-50 keyboard. With its hybrid wood and plastic structure, escapement, and ebony/ivory Feel, the keyboard provides a playing experience that will satisfy even the most seasoned pianists. But the GP609 is also perfect for beginners, with a bevy of educational features that include wireless connection to online apps that keep the piano student motivated and constantly improving. A graceful digital grand piano that nurtures your family’s musicality, the GP609 brings elegance, beauty, and expressive piano performance into your home. These qualities, along with its manageable size, weight, and cost, also make the GP609 an ideal piano for educational facilities, concert stages, and houses of worship.
Room-filling sound from specially designed speakers
Among the delights of owning a traditional acoustic grand piano are its commanding sound and projection. The GP609 is a revelation in that Roland has been able to achieve the same stunning sonic authority in a digital piano, courtesy of its onboard sound system with custom-designed multichannel audio technology that provides an immersive, dimensional soundstage that convincingly seems to emanate from an acoustic instrument’s soundboard. Whether you’re playing at home or in commercial venues such as restaurants or hotel lounges, the GP609 delivers powerful, expressive, and controllable sound that blooms in any space.
Immersive spatial sound that you control
Strike the GP609’s keys and be delighted by rich, authentic acoustic grand piano sound, delivered by its onboard 6.1-channel multi-speaker system. Comprised of six speakers and one woofer, Roland’s Acoustic Projection system is designed to deliver optimal sound projection with the power and spacial bloom of a traditional grand piano — from rich, deep bass to shimmering highs. But where acoustic pianists often struggle to control volume, the GP609’s dedicated volume control gives it the flexibility for any playing situation.
A premium sound system for playing and enjoying your music
Whether you’re in the mood to make music — or just want to kick back and enjoy listening — the GP609’s high-quality onboard speaker system is ready to fill the room with amazing sound. When you’re playing, its 6.1-multichannel speaker system delivers your notes with richness and clarity. When you’re relaxing with friends and family, its Bluetooth audio functionality turns the piano into a great-sounding hi-fi, wirelessly pairing with your smartphone or tablet and playing your favorite tunes and playlists through the speakers. There’s even a dedicated Apple Watch app that lets you control the piano’s internal song library from the comfort of your easy chair.
The look and feel of a traditional grand — without the hassle
A traditional grand piano undoubtedly makes a statement in a living room; but its considerable cost, massive weight, and required maintenance can make ownership a labor of love. With its elegant polished ebony finish, the Roland GP609 gives you the classic look of an acoustic grand along with ultra-realistic sound and playing feel. Plus, it’s always in tune!
Celebrate the joy of music with onboard educational features
Music truly is the universal language, and it brings joy into our lives every day. It’s been proven that learning the piano is beneficial to humans — but it requires time, work, and dedication. The Roland GP609 gives pianists a fun, innovative alternative to conventional book-oriented piano courses with its built-in educational features. Jam along with the onboard songs, and you’ll be laying the groundwork for joining a band or an orchestra. Twin Piano splits the keyboard into two identical key ranges, letting student and teacher play side by side. The GP609’s onboard metronome helps you develop accurate timing, while the built-in song recorder lets you capture what you’ve been working on to instantly appraise your progress. There’s also audio and MIDI playback from a USB memory stick, plus integrated Bluetooth MIDI functionality that lets you wirelessly connect to online apps from Roland and others, and also access song libraries, digital sheet music, and more. In other words: the Roland GP609 makes practice a joy, not a task.
- SuperNATURAL Piano Modeling sound engine
- Polyphony: Piano: limitless (solo playing using Piano category tones); other: 384
- Onboard sounds: 319
- 88-note PHA-50 keyboard with hybrid wood and plastic structure, escapement, and ebony/ivory Feel
- Touch Sensitivity: 100 types, fixed touch
- Display: Graphic LCD 132 x 32 dots
- Pedals: Damper: continuous-detection capable, Soft: continuous-detection capable/function assignable, Sostenuto: function assignable
- 6.1-channel, 76-watt Acoustic Projection speaker system
- Speakers: 2 x 6.3125-inch Spatial speakers, 2 x 2-inch Nearfield speakers, 2 x 6.3125-inch Cabinet speakers, 1 x 9.875-inch woofer
- Roland’s Headphones 3D Ambience system
- Master tuning: 415.3–466.2Hz (adjustable in increments of 0.1Hz)
- Temperament: 10 types
- Effects: Ambience, Brilliance
- Piano Designer: Lid, Key Off Noise, Hammer Noise, Duplex Scale, Full Scale String Resonance, Damper Resonance, Key Off Resonance, Cabinet Resonance, Soundboard Type, Damper Noise, Single Note Tuning,
- Single Note Volume, Single Note Character
- Internal Songs: 363
- Playback: Standard MIDI Files, Audio File (WAV, 44.1 kHz, 16-bit linear format, requires USB Flash Memory)
- Recording: Standard MIDI Files (approx. 70,000 notes memory)
- Audio File (WAV, 44.1 kHz, 16-bit linear format, requires USB Flash Memory)
- Bluetooth: Audio and MIDI
- Compatible Android/iOS Apps (Roland): Piano Partner 2, Piano Designer
- Convenience Functions: Metronome, Registration, TwinPiano (with Individual Mode), Transpose (in semitones),
- Speaker volume and Headphones volume automatically select function, Volume limit function, Panel Lock, Auto Off
- Input jacks: Stereo 3.5mm
- Output (L/Mono, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone
- USB Computer port: USB B type
- USB Memory port: USB A type
- Phones jack x 2: Stereo 3.5mm, Stereo 1/4-inch phone
- Power supply: included AC adapter
- Includes Roland Classical Piano Masterpieces, Roland Piano Arrange Collections “Let’s Enjoy Piano”
- Comes with Roland RPB-D500PE Adjustable Duet Piano Bench